Please scroll down to get to the study materials.
A stroy is a long or short narration where there are characters who carry out actions in a certain place and time.
You can begin your story in the following ways:
You can divide your paragraphs when there is the change of:
There are 3 ways of ending a story.
1. Conclusion:Draw all the events that have happened to the story to an end. It is a traditional way of ending the story.
2. Cliff- hanger : Leave the reader in suspense,wondering ehat will happen next.
3. Reflective: The narrator or character thinks about something that has happened in the story.This can be done direct speech.
1. Once upon a time.....
2. Once upon a time when the world is young....
3. In the beginning.......
4. It all started when......
5. Long ago int he mists of time.....
6. One day,not too long ago.......
7. This is a story i heard a long time ago...
8. It all happened so quickly........
9. It was a dark and dismal night.....
10. We were alone in the house one morning when.....
11. I am going to tell you a talw about.....
12. There was nothing I could do to stip it happening.....
13. It was a fresh and bright early morning in summer when....
1. .............. and the lived happily after.
2. .............. it had finished, at last.
3. .............. so it had turned out alright in the end.
5. .............. I never want to stay alone in the house again.
6. .............. and so we'll never know what eally happened.
7. .............. we had supper and went to bed,tired but happy.
8. .............. the horrorwas over and we were all safe.
9. .............. and it was a wonderful way to end things.
10. .............. and I can't wait to do it again.
11. .............. and as the right drew in,I was glad it was all over.
1. Use the past tenses.
2. Read the give skeleton find out plot,setting and the character.
3. Introduce at least 2 to 3 dialogues between the characters.
4. Use of manolague int he case of one characters int the story.
5. Dialogues and monologues are written in direct speech.
6. Write an intesresting title that explains the theme og the story.Ypu can select a proverb that siuta the story like " Tit for Tat", " A stich in Time Saves Nine" . You can mention the characters as the title.For eg: " The father and the Son" , " Oliver Twist".
7. Introduce the main characters.Use some adjectives to describe them about this appearance,their personalities,their strength and weakness.
8. Write a moral of the story.
A clever old lady
Once there lived an old lady in a town.Her name was Mrs.Brown.In spite of her old age,she was living there all alone.The villagers often talked about her cleverness and prosperity.
One day she became blind all of a sudden,she sat on her beautiful sofa and remembered her grandchild pulling her white hair and making funher white hair and making fun og her furrowed face and toothless mouth.Now she could just samell the flowers in the Italian case that she had kept two days ago but could'nt see.
The old woman feared of hiring a doctor as the town was full of fake doctors.Yet she decided call a doctor in one condition. "Condition!" the doctor who she called in said doubtfully."What's it?" Mrs Brown replied, "I' ll pay a large amount if I'' cured but nothing if not." The doctor agreed and visited her house daily for treatment. The furniture in Mrs. Brown's house cured him. He delayed the cure and began delayed the cure and began to take away an item of furniture everyday he came there. Finally,he cured her and demanded his fees . Although the old lady got her eyesight restored,she refused to pay the odctor. She just said that " I still can't see it well". The doctor was sure that she could see well. So e brought a court case. The judge asked the lady " Mrs.Brown,why are you not paying the doctor?" " Your honour! My eyesight is not properly restored I still can't see all my furniture, the lady said to the doctor. The judge understood and gave a verdict in her favour. Mrs. brown won the court case with her honesty and wil, and got her eyesight restored as well.Moral: To know when to be generous and when firm- that is wisdom.