Approaches of Human Resource Planning
Approach to human resources planning
There is no limitation to people planning process in Human Resource Planning but have unlimited boundary. The utilization of existing manpower and future needs is dependent on Human Resource Planning. There exist two notions-integration and analysis in HRP. Balancing organizational demands with the desire of people is known as integration. HRP have following advantages:
- Skilled and talented manpower are responsible for providing maximum employees the appropriate levels of knowledge, skills, and work attitudes,
- the system development that helps for a worker in fitting the job,
- Developing skill that enables to merge expertise planning into the corporate planning system in the company
Approach to HRP are,
Need forecasting. Today's view describes cost needed for the employees were positioned at the higher level as compared to all the other costs. Forecasting can be done by using various tools trend analysis, Ratio analysis and scatter plotting. We can also forecast the supply of inside candidates such as inventories qualification and the supply of outside candidate such as people economic handling capacity rate of unemployment and so on.
Advance planning. Stage in the planning cycle enables an organization to efficiently improve goals. Human resource needs are generally developed in long run strategic planning. Employment or Personnel Planning is referred as the way of analyzing the position that an organization has to fill and how to fill the form. It is the core of strategic planning process Example: Expansion strategy. Succession Planning is the way of deciding how the company must fill the important executive jobs positions.The computer software that manager use for managing the human resources functions in the company is called human resource information system. It has the capability for maintaining records of a job for all staff members, and manager can use it for collecting metrics surrounding the firm’s staffing, performance management, compensation and benefits activities. Although only some organization utilizes an HRIS , there are many advantages for doing so such as reporting, recruiting, administration and so on.
Work analysis and Human resource information system. Better controlling and staffing is only possible through work analysis. Hence work analysis is an important task in HRP. Similarly, the technology advancement in firm possesses information systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, specialized HR systems etc. for generating the data and analysis that help met the organizational goal.
Performance measurement and management: Employees performance can be enabled by considering them as capital and also giving them the chance of making the decision for making them productive. In the past employee was not given the chance of showing their skill and they were limited to work on a single task. Today people with competent skills are demanded by the organization so that they can be assigned on the need of company. Therefore motivation, job design, job structure, individual competence, and appropriateness of performance goals and standards of measurement are the core aspect of HRP and are easy to assist and control. The basis of assessment is also difficult to forecast and are inflexible. The trend is towards more specific job-related appraisal rather than the global assessment of personality traits. Performance planning and appraisal system are designed to analyze the difficulties. Today many organizations develop the worker in this process and they are told to prepare their plans and past performance reviews in advance of discussion with their managers.
Changing workers life. Sustainable job and adapting time are making communication more flexible in the organization. Better value and innovations are developed in people in business. These added values are given in the form of rewards for the designs of a job, and compensation incentives that provide more meaning to employees. Incentives can help employee motivate and also direct them towards achieving the goal in the organization.
Career management. Employee careers are given more attention by the organization. The high absenteeism rate has forced an organization to plan to retain the employees by managing the career of the employee. External recruitment is given less emphasis and the organization is focused on human resource planning and utilization of their talent. Hence attention towards the stage of human resource selection, appraisal, career planning, and innovative training and development programmed are more considered.Career Management defines in a way where others can know about you and your value. Career Management includes five phases of career development planning. It includes front and center as activities are related to career management in order to identify whether they are relevant to all the other phases. Also, career management is a never ending process which occurs throughout one's career and not just at discrete times. It may be helpful to think of career management.
Management development: This is a complex activity where company deals with the second line of people in every level of the company. Individual backup for key positions are less emphasized and focus on the talent pool of employee by the firm. Changing adaptability in planning developmental assignments is being allowed by HRP. The framework for helping workers for developing their personal and business skills, knowledge, and abilities is called management development. The opportunities such as workers training, employee career development, management of works and development, coaching,developing succession planning, key employee identification, assistance for tuition and development of business.
Career planning. Ocean is formed by a small drop of water so the contribution of every people are engaged in the stage of growth, Developing every individual talent fully and matching them to the opportunities that best fit the organizational needs is a complex procedure. Counseling and more flexible work/retirement task for employees to face retirement for changing career are given by the organization. Moreover, the trend lies beyond planning and providing resources for the employees to career development. The roles like strategic role, administrative role, and specialized role can be analyzed by a specialist. The strategic role formulating HR strategies and managers relation. Administrative Role includes resources of the organization is structured and social welfare activities. The specialized role involves collecting and analyzing the given data, designing and applying forecasting systems and managing career development, However, we should know that each role cannot be differentiated . The Every role is combined with the one another role as given. These roles are important to the HR specialist for effectiveness. These skills are different and are hard to develop when comparing with administrative skills. The managing the staff function of HRP and managing employee welfare activities determine administrative task. The demand of attention is seen as secondary. The remaining three roles represent specialized functions performed. The business needed and inflexible business environment changes with the change in the roles. HRP helps to anticipate the need of company and looking the company need. The goal is to gain objective for understanding these elements.
- Cost reduction: sales and revenue, compensation and benefit total cost and expenses, replacement of employee expenses including recruiting and training, legal and regulatory expenses, labor relations, costs etc.
- effective operation: complex technology and specialist needed, flexible and employee motivation for achieving job requirements, efficiency and style of manager and philosophy etc.
- undertaking new ventures: New enterprises and changing maintenance are comprised and developing human resources, management resources width, flexibility, competent. Cost factor may include the cost of financial capital and the cost of materials. Capital money, equipment, and materials cannot be controlled easily because of raise in price and issue of fall in price. Controlling incentives and rewards, and staffing mix are crucial to the human resource management. Qualitative aspect of cost is necessary for competing with quantitative factor
Dessler, Gary.a Framework for Human Resource Management.Florida: Pearson Education Asia, 2002.
- The utilization of existing manpower and future needs is dependent on Human Resource Planning. There exist two notions-integration and analysis in HRP. Balancing organizational demands with the desire of people is known as integration.
- Forecasting can be done by using various tools trend analysis, Ratio analysis and scatter plotting. We can also forecast the supply of inside candidates such as inventories qualification and the supply of outside candidate such as people economic handling capacity, the rate of unemployment and so on.
- Sustainable job and adapting time are making communication more flexible in the organization. Better value and innovations are developed in people in business.
- Ocean is formed by the small drop of water so the contribution of every people are engaged in the stage of growth, Developing every individual talent fully and matching them to the opportunities that best fit the organizational needs is a complex procedure.
You scored /0
Any Questions on Approaches of Human Resource Planning ?
No discussion on this note yet. Be first to comment on this note