Nature and Components of Tourism
Nature of Tourism
The nature of tourism is closely connected with travelling. It has been a human phenomenon since the beginning of human civilization. It is a sensitive factor of the human nature in the context of moving to survive, explore, and to know the unknown. In the early times, they started travelling as nomads in search of prey and foods. Later, the development of the agriculture activities created a base of the movements of people as a traveller. Then the movement of industrial revolution made travelling prominent to various destinations. It made the traveller's lifestyle easier and safer to realize their tourism activities. The various types of tourism which are discussed below:
- Tourist and service: Tourism is a service industry, which is a compound of those sectors of the economy that are involved in providing services, such as accommodation, food, beverage, transportation, and recreations as well as distributions and sales SERVICES. The tourism industry has been taken as the term of productivity, employments income, economic growth, social development, etc. But it does not produce any commodity which cannot be touched or taken home. Hence, tourism is a hospitality industry and a bridge between people. It makes a valuable contribution to the world’s economy by employing more people than any other industry.
- Tourism products are highly perishable: The tourism product cannot be transported. The customer needs to more to the products or visits the points of services delivery (POSD). For example. Culture, hotel rooms, attraction is not possible to be transported from Nepal. “Export or “export of tourism product” means the arrival of tourist or any facilities used by tourist.
- Tourism is a contributor to the economy: Through tourism, a lot of incomes is generated in the economy in the form of domestic or international exchange. A large chunk of the workforce gets employed in this industry. It is a major contributor to the public revenue. Nature too can be tapped and the friendly relation with other countries can result in the benefit of the economy.
- The tourism industry is sustainable: there is no any horizon or end to the tourism activities. This industry is a long-term industry. Tourism industry there is a non-stop movement of the people and the incessant move gives rise more tourism activities.
- Tourism helps in educating the mass: There exists a spontaneous process of learning and exchange of ideas in this industry. The scope of exploration and discovery is very high among adventure tourists. Due to tourism, there exists a respect for each other’s own life.
Compound of Tourism
Tourism is a coordinated total of many components. Its takes many forms. A travel may range from several thousand kilometers which may include one or more form of transports. It involved the stay of several days, weeks or months which require accommodation, recreation, sight- seeing and a variety of facilities and services for use and enjoyments. Tourism depends on all these factors which are paper known as 4' AS.
It is considered as the most important basic component of tourism .Attraction means any things that create a desire in any person to travels in a specific to visits destination or places. In others, Attraction is those elements, which determines the choice of tourists to visit one destination rather than others. Tourists are attracted by cultural sites, historical building and monument, an area of archaeological interest, scenic beauty, flora and fauna, beach resort, Himalayan, national parks, like a trade fair, sports events, art and music, festivals could be the factors which generate the off tourist to a particulars location.
Attraction may be classified in two ways:
i) Core attraction: Core attraction represents the basic assets or attributes the basic assets or attributes of their community. They from the main theme of the destination. They may be nature or manmade, historic or cultural recreations or spectator events.
ii) Supporting attraction:Supporting attractions represent the facilities and service that serve the needs of visitors -lodging food service, local transport and shopping, foreign currency exchange and so on.
Moreover, the success of a destination depends not only on its power to attract visitors but its ability to hold them. This means that destination must have sufficient attraction that is appealing to the wide market.
Accessibility means reachability to the place of a destination through various means of transportation. A tourist can reach the area where the attraction is located by the means of transportation. So, transportation should be regular, comfortable, economic and safe. Access is a subject of transport infrastructure and transport technology become important in the form of costs of travel and the time consumed in reaching the destination, therefore, accessibility can be specified in terms of the extent of comfort or hassle with which visitors can reach the destination of their liking.
Moreover, tourist required transport in order to visit the different tourist sport throughout the country. It is the primary tourist's service needed by the tourist to reach the destination. It is the means of movement at the destination.most of tourism activities are concerned with transportation. Differents means of transportation that has made travel possible for different people all over the world. The passenger transport may be categorized as public or private, international air and surface etc.
i) Air transport: It is the faster-growing means of long distance tourist transport constitutes the primary means of transport on many routes.
ii) Sea transport: It plays a prominent role on short sea routes and waterways and also for cruises.
iii) Rain transport: It is good for short and medium distance within and between countries. It helps in reaching a destination and for movements at the destination.
Another important component of tourism is accommodation which is primary tourist service needed at the destination. It is a place where tourists can find food and shelter provided to them. If s/he is in a fit position to pay for it. Tourism can stay in various types of accommodation such as stay with relative's friends and other private accommodation or their own means of accommodation like caravans and tents. It also includes the provision of food and beverage for tourists.
The traveler or tourists always require accommodation at the destination. Accommodation and food and beverage are essential for everyone spending time away from the home weather, it's for business or pleasure. An adequate supply of accommodation suitably tailored to the requirements of tourist market is one on the basic condition of tourism development of accommodation to provide space and loan to people interested in it. There are various types of accommodation from a seven star deluxe to a normal budget class hotel.
Therefore, the need and necessity of accommodation cannot be ignored in a tourist destination. Accommodation plays a vital role in the field of tourism. Many changes have taken place in accommodation recently.
Amenities mean that element which are extra facilities as service added with attraction, accessibility, and accommodation to create tourism. Therefore it is one of the basic elements of tourism. Their elements themselves do not generate tourist flow but whose absence night detract the tourist. The facilities provided to the tourists complement the attraction these include different facilities and service provided by the government, travel agencies, hotel etc.
Oli, Gopal Singh and B. B. Chhetri. Hotel management. Kathmandu: Buddha publications Pvt. Ltd., 2015. Book.
Shrestha, Dinesh; K.C, Saroj; karki, karuna; Sharma, Robin; elt. Hotel Management. kathmandu: Arcadia Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., 2068,Shrawan.
- All tourism involves travelling but all travellers are not tourists.
- Tourism is a unique phenomenon which involves service.
- The products of tourism are stationary and cannot be imitated/copied.
- Tourism comprises of various components i.e. Accessibility, Accommodation, and Catering, Amenities.
- Attraction means any things that create a desire in any person to travels in a specific to visits destination or places.
- Accessibility means reachability to the place of a destination through various means of transportation.
- Accommodation and food and beverage are essential for everyone spending time away from the home weather, it's for business or pleasure.
- Amenities mean that element which are extra facilities as service added with attraction, accessibility, and accommodation to create tourism.
You scored /0
Any Questions on Nature and Components of Tourism ?
No discussion on this note yet. Be first to comment on this note