Those activities carried out on personal level or by groups affecting others personal rights health, liberty, dignity, security, social and cultural values are called social problems. For example theft, trafficking, bullying etc.
All those social practices for example customs, traditions, festivals, norms and values which affects particular gender, caste, elders are called social evils. For example child marriage, ghumto pratha, chhaupadi pratha and etc.
Girl's trafficking is a social crime in which girls are attracted for job, employment, social dignity and of bright future and are sold in brothel for the purpose of sex trade.
1. Gender Discrimination
3. Lack of education, skills, and employment
4. Lack of rights, freedom, to the girls
5. Lack of strong legal measure to control trafficking
6. Strong network of trafficking
7. Open border
8. Easily attracted and influenced
9. Lack of awareness programs
1. Brutal treatment to the trafficked girls
2. Loss of freedom, human rights and lack of dignified unity
3. Loss of social prestige, dignity
4. Infected with sexually transmitted diseases like, HIV, aids etc
5. At last death
1. Poverty alleviation program should be launched.
2. No gender and caste discrimination
3. Woman employment
4. Involvement of woman in income generating activities.
5. Strict legal measures
6. Effective networks of information about traffickers
7. To create job opportunities by economic development like industrial development, trade, agricultural development
Prostitution means to sell our own body for livelihood due to different compulsions. Generally girls are involved in prostitution (Sexual activities). The main causes of prostitution are as follows:
This problem can be solved by following measures
If I knew that there is girls trafficking prevailed in my community, I would work together with the police force for identifying the borders and punishing them which easily solves the problem.
Any two suggestions to stop girl trafficking are:
It is true that the formation of rules alone does not eradicate the social problems. They should be strictly implemented too. Nepal Government has provided various provisions for controlling such evil practices. There are provisions on untouchability, dowry system, chaupadi system, etc. but they are still in practice. To make it more clearly, I would like to add the following points:
As a conscious citizen, I would play the following roles to solve social problems:
The long term measures to check girl trafficking are as follows:
I would prepare the following plan to rehabilitate the trafficked girls of Nepal:
Girl trafficking is a social evil along with a crime. For one's economic property an innocent one is sold to a brothel house or someone's hell-like house. As such, I have a great contempt and contribute myself in the following ways:
The effects of girls trafficking in individual are as follows: -
Girls trafficking is a very inhuman activity in our society. The effects of girls trafficking in society are as follows:
A social problem prevalent in my community is drug addiction. The measure to eliminate it is to 'say no to drugs' and avoiding bad company.
Corruption and girls trafficking are the two social problems of our community. I would play the following role to solve the problem of corruption:
What is a social crime, in which girls are attracted to job, employment, social dignity and are sold in the brothel for the purpose of sex trade?