Biology constitutes the relation with every aspect of human and every sciences. The study of biology needs experiences of almost all the branches of science including chemistry, physics, sociology, geology, climatology etc.
Relation of biology with chemistry
- Metabolism is the chemical reaction occurring in living organisms. The synthesis of a complex organic compound from raw materials is called anabolism. The breaking down of the complex substance into a simpler form called catabolism. Metabolism includes anabolic and catabolic activities which are purely chemical phenomenon.
- Living organisms have organic and inorganic chemical substances which influence the life of living organism.
- DNA, RNA are the genetic materials which are also made up of a chemical substance.
- Energy transferred to the body by the organic chemical substance like protein, fats, carbohydrate etc.
- Enzymes, hormones, and other body fluids are exclusively chemical substance.
- Mutation, variation, genetic recombination etc are of chemical basis.
Relation of biology with physics
- Some physiological activities such as transpiration, evaporation, conduction of water and salts are the physical phenomenon.
- The most important life process in the green plant is photosynthesis which is concerned with sunlight, a physical factor.
- Most of the biological instruments and techniques like microscope, X-ray, chemotherapy etc have physics application.
- Some of the physics factors like a force, energy pressure etc have biological application.
Relation of biology with sociology
- Sociology is the study of society with social institutions and social relationship.
- Anthropology is the branch of sociology which deals with the human related with origin, distribution, relationship, culture etc.
Relation of biology with geology
- The study of soil rock's type will be incomplete without the study of fossils found on them.
Relation of biology with climatology
- Study of climate at a particular place goes simultaneously with the study of the distribution and adaptational features of animals.
Relation of biology with mathematics
- Census of wild animals is based on the application of mathematical and statistical application. Such application is helpful in data compilation and analysis of living organisms.