After the success of the Mass Movement II, the government of Nepal had introduced a Three year Interim plan. This plan came in process in fiscal year 2066/67. After its completion, the government of Nepal has introduced a three year plan to continue the system applied by the country for regular and smooth development of the country. This plan was introduced in the fiscal year 2067/68 and ended in the fiscal year 2069/70. It has created an opportunities to raise the living standard of the Nepalese people who are facing the problems of poverty, unemployment and depression.
The following were the major visions of the plan:
- Changing Nepal from a least developed country into well developing Nation within twenty years.
- Raising the living standard of Nepalese people decreasing the poverty at minimum level through various activities based on economic growth.
- Developing Nepal in the state of a prosperous modern Nepal.
- Ensuring equal opportunities to all the Nepalese people in all sectors.
Ending all forms of discrimination and inequalities based on sex, religion, gender, social status, culture, tradition, economic status, caste, language, ethnic group, physical, women, dalit, Madesi, indigenous communities and region etc.
The following were some of the goals aimed by the plan:
- To improve the living standard of the Nepalese people through various policies of high economic growth.
- To reduce the poverty to 21% by ensuring more job opportunities.
- To achieve regional balance.
- To eliminate social exclusions.
- To reduce economic inequalities.
- To generate dignified and gainful employment opportunities etc.
The following were some of the objectives aimed by the plan:
- To enable people to feel change in their livelihood.
- To ensure quality of life through various programs.
- To establish sustainable peace through inclusive and equitable economic growth.
The plan included the following strategies:
- To attain broad employment opportunities, broad economic growth, creating development of infrastructure considering the future federal state that includes inclusive participation of the people.
- To achieve employment centrist, poverty alleviation oriented, sustainable and broad based economic growth with the joint efforts of the government, private, communities and co-operative sectors.
- To emphasize on inclusive and equitable development to achieve sustainable peace in the country.
- To develop infrastructure to support both the future federal structure of the nation and regional economic development.
- To contribute to socio-economic and social services.
- To make development works result oriented through ensuring good governance and effective service delivery.