Please scroll down to get to the study materials.
Let's examine some social problem scenarios which are frequently seen in Nepalese Society.
There are two close friends. One learned smoking cigarettes from his friends, and pressures the other to smoke time and again. But the latter does not like being pressured.
1. What could be the problems of the above scenario?
2. Prepare some outcomes for this kind of problem.
3. List the advantages and disadvantages for each outcome.
4. Which outcome is the best in the above case? And why?
5. How should the outcome be applied?
Here are the answers to the above problems.
1. Related social problem: Smoking
2. Outcomes for the above problem: Rejecting proposal, Accepting proposal, Ignoring proposal
3. a) Advantages of rejecting: safe from addiction, no disrespect from society, good relations in home, money saving, good health.
Disadvantages of rejecting: friend gets angry, end of relation.
b) Advantages of accepting: happy friend, good relation.
Disadvantages ofaccepting: bad health, danger of addiction, loss of respect in society, bad relations in home, more spending, bad friends.
c) Advantages of ignoring: good at the time, have to come up with a solution later.
Disadvantages of ignoring: friend could ask again, could get irritated.
4. Rejecting the proposal is the best outcome because it has most advantages, and the latter friend is happy because of it.
5. Teaching the negative aspects of smoking, advising not to take up this habit, assuring the friend that you will never take up smoking, and rejecting the idea is the best outcome for the scenario.