The center of the North America continent from mid- Canada southwards are grasslands called parries. These areas are very flat, cold in winter, hot in summer too dry for trees. They are mow, used as the vast area for wheat and maize growing and for cattle rearing. Parries are suitable for using modern machines, fertilizer and technology. Extensive wheat farming is possible with the help of irrigation: canal irrigation or helicopter irrigation. So, wheat is produced in large amounts in Canada.
The types of agricultural practices in the USA are extensive and intensive. The items of production of the USA are as follows:
- Rice, sugarcane and cotton are grown in the south-east gulfs.
- Peanuts, fruits, tobacco and sugarcane are grown in the east coast and Appalachians.
- Cattle and pigs are kept and reared around the great lakes.
- Maize, wheat and soybeans are grown in the whole central area.
- Fruits like orange and grapes are grown in the south east and west.
- Sheeps are reared in the west.
- Pulp and paper factories run in North western part.
- Several manufacturing industries are running in the USA.
- Fishing has been well developed in the north eastern seas.
There are several reasons behind the development of this continent. They are as follows:
- It is surrounded by oceans on all sides so that there is no hindrance to import and export.
- It has suitable climate to human beings resulting in people being healthy and creative.
- It has a variety of natural resources that have been utilized to the fullest extent.
- It has innovative, dynamic, energetic, goal-oriented and determined human resource which utilizes everything available.