The computer that has the capability to create multimedia products and can handle or present more than one medium simultaneously is known as the multimedia computer.
The list of hardware components required in multimedia computer are as follows:
- High storage hard disk
- High-resolution graphics cards
- Optical disk drive etc.
Different hardware and software required to use multimedia system are as follows:
- CPU having capacity to process multimedia
- Color Monitor
- Sound card, speakers, headphones along with microphone
- DVD drive and external hard disk with high capacity
- Multimedia projector
- Scanner is required to scan document and convert them into digital data
- Software required to open multimedia such as Photoshop, PowerPoint etc.
A computer document can be defined as a file created by a software application. Documents may contain text, images, audio, video, and other types of data.
Scanner is required in multimedia system because it helps to scan document and convert them into digital data so that it would be easy for the users.
Software is a collection of the various kinds of programs used to operate computers and related devices.
Any two software used in multimedia system are as follows: