I would plan in the following ways to observe democracy day on 7 Falgun:
- Selection of location to conduct program.
- Time of program to be held.
- Request to the related institution to visit a place.
- Management of furniture.
- Selection of speakers from intellectual, social and political field.
- Invitation to participate in the program.
- Management of banners, posters and pictures.
- Selection of chairperson to conduct the program.
A retired police officer who had experienced the perplexity and effects of politics from 2007 to 2017 B. S. was interviewed. He was asked the following questions and the answer he gave follows the questions.
Q. What were the epic causes behind the movement of 2007 BS?
Well, there were Ranas' rulings over the countries for more than a hundred years. They were cruel and had adopted family rule. King himself was with no power and wanted to throw Rana regime permanently away. Nepali Congress was against Rana regime and started to revolt. People were suppressed and their rights were not protected. So, the movement of 2007 took place in the country against dictatorship of Ranas and to establish multi party democracy.
Q. How was the political system immediately after 2007 B.S. in the country?
It was far better. King held his power back. A new government in premiership of Mohan Shamsher was formed. Nepali Congress also joined the government. People had better rights. Decision on state matters would be made after discussions. But there were no stable governments formed and political objectives seem unclear.
Q. Sir, how did you play your role then? Was it difficult to support the politics as a police officer?
Very interesting question, it was very tough time for me. I was in favor of democracy. That could not be problematic upto 2017B.S. But, after that I had only two options. Either I have to be in the force and support the government or give up the job and involve in politics. But, it is very interesting that I chose none of them. I preferred the third one. It was to be in the force and help the political leaders secretly.
Q. How do you comment on the steps of King Mahendra on first poush 2017 B.S.?
It was terrific. It had to not be taken. but, he dared. It brought up a volcano in politics. I personally did not support it as it was very undemocratic and against people's wish.
Me: Thank you sir for your time.
PO: Thank you very much.
Show the following historical events by mentioning appropriate date when these events occurred.
- Introduced Interim government of Law.
- Resigned by the ministers of Congress party
- Formation of government in the leadership of Tanka Prasad Acharya.
- Formation of government in the leadership of Dr. K.I. Singh
These events occurred in respective dates:
- Introduced Interim Government of law- 2004 B.S.
- Resigned by the ministers of Congress party- 2008B.S.
- Formation of government in the leadership of Tanka Prasad Acharya - 2012 B.S.
- Formation of government in the leadership of Dr. K.I. Singh- 2014B.S.
I was of ten years then my grandfather taught me the concept of democracy. But I did not know what it was. Slowly, I learned about it. The constitutional was implemented in the country and the Paropakar Orphanage and girls school were also established. Matrika Prasad Koirala became prime minister within this duration. Bhimdatta Panta launched farmer's revolution. After fifteen months, Nepal Law School was established and five years plan was implemented. During this time the Nepal Rastra Bank, the Supreme Court and the Royal Nepal Academy were established. There was general election after some years. His Majesty's government replaced the word Nepal government. After about 21 months, Koshi barrage was constructed. As the time passed by, politics changed. The parliamentary system ended and parties were banned in 2017 B.S. and partyless panchayat system was implemented throughout the country.
Main historical events (from 2007 to 2017)
|7 Falgun 2007||Declaration of democracy.|
|17 Chaitra 2008||Enforcement of Interim constitution|
|12 Asadh 2009||Inauguration of Paropakar Anathalaya|
|26 Shrawan 2009||Inauguration of Sanskrit Prasarini committee and Nar Vidhayapith.|
|2 Asadh 2010||Reinstatement of MP Koirala as PM: revolt against Bhim Data Pant.|
|5 Kartik 2011||Inauguration of Law College.|
|12 Ashwin 2012||Declaration of first five year plan.|
|14 Baishakh 2013||Inauguration of Nepal Rastra Bank.|
|8 Jestha 2013||Establishment of supreme court.|
|9 Asadha 2014||Establishment of Royal Nepal Academy|
|7 Falgun 2014||General Elections for parliament|
|2 Baishakh 2015||His Majesty's Government instead of Nepal government|
|5 Marg 2015||Inauguration of Royal club.|
|17 Baishakh 2016||Lying of foundation stone of Koshi barrage.|
|1 Poush 2017||End of the parliamentary system.|
Both the decades more or less stands for unstable government. In 2007 B.S. an interim government was formed with the premiership of Mohan Shamsher while Krishna Prasad Bhattarai was the prime minister of the interim government of 2046. After Matrika Prasad Koirala and Girija Prasad Koirala became prime minister of Nepal respectively. They were followed by Tanka Prasad Acharya and Dr. K.I. Singh in the early 1910s. Similarly, in the mid and late 1950s, there were communist as well as coalition governments. First general election was held in our country in 2015 B.S. Nepali Congress got the majority. B.P. Koirala became the first ever elected prime minister of Nepal. However, the parliament was dissolved and political parties were banned on 1st poush 2017 B.S. by late King Mahendra. Again, in 2059 B.S. His Majesty the king Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah dissolved the parliament and made Lokendra Bahadur Chand the prime minister and experts of various fields as the ministers. This government did not run for a long and hence another government was formed under the prime ministership of Surya Bahadur Thapa. He too could not make the peace talk successfully and pacify the political parties. So, Sher Bahadur Deuba was appointed the prime minister of Nepal for the third time.
- Nepal doesn't entertain to interfere very the internal issues of neither any country nor it digest with the interference by any other countries over her.
- Nepal is a peace loving countries and loves peace and non-violence.
- Nepal supports the state of non-aggression.
- It respects for sovereign equality and territorial integrity.
Tourism can unanimously be one of the best economic resources in the context of Nepal, for Nepal has magnificent and enchanting natural beauties. One may really be spellbind while they are in Nepal. But our country hasn't benefitted from such an important prospective source. As a result our government has once again declared the year 2011 as a tourism year to promote of the country and prosperity is raised. Below are the three activities done by government to make the year successful.
- In coordination with the tourism Board there had seen a special inauguration function at the Dashrath Stadium and formally declared the tourism tourism year.
- The provision tourism occasions/ demonstrations had been encouraged in remote areas they go for trekking.
- The government has started to make arrangement of international advertisements through foreign medias and there important occasions.