After completion of this chapter, students will be able to:
- prove the theorems related to area of quadrilateral and triangle.
- solve and manipulate the problems involving the theorems of area of quadrilateral and triangle.
- verify the theorems on circle experimentally.
- prove the theorems on circle.
- solve and manipulate the problems related to the tangent line of the circle.
- construct quadrilateral and triangle which are related to area.
Area of Triangle and Quadrilateral
The triangle is a three-sided polygon and quadrilateral are four sided polygon. Since triangle and quadrilateral are both closed plane figures, they divide the plane into the interior and exterior regions. The notation of area of triangle and quadrilateral, used in daily life always means that measure of the extent of the interior region.