On completion of this lesson, students should be able to:
- Describe heat and its application as energy.
- Differentiate heat with temperature.
- Explain specific heat capacity and heat equation.
- Solve numerical related to specific heat capacity and heat equation.
- Explain what temperature scales are.
Anomalous Expansion of Water
When water is heated from 0 degree Celsius to 4 degree Celsius, its volume decreases and increases only after 4 degree Celsius. This unusual behavior of water from 0 degree Celsius to 4 degree Celsius is known as anomalous expansion of water. This note has detail explanation of anomalous behavior of water when it is heated to 4 degree centigrade.