With the completion of this lesson, students should be able to:
- Define pressure and demonstrate pressure exerted by liquid.
- State and verify Pascal's law with its application.
- Explain and formulate Archimedes Principle with examples.
- Explain law of flotation.
- Solve Numerical problems related to Archimedes Principle
We know that due to upthrust, objects tend to lose weight when immersed in liquid. Archimedes principle states that "If an object is partially or completely immersed in the liquid, the weight of liquid displaced by the object is its upthrust". This notes provides an information about Archimedes principle of grade 10.