On completion of this lesson, students should be able to:
- Explain Newton's Law of Gravitation
- Differentiate between Gravity and Gravitation
- Explain why acceleration due to gravity varies on Earth
- Differentiate between mass and weight
- Explain Free fall and Weight
Variation of Acceleration due to Gravity
Weight of the body is high at poles than in equator. This note has brief information about difference in gravity within our earth and illustrates how falling rate or acceleration due to gravity is independent of the masses of the falling bodies.