Nepal is a democratic country. In front of democracy, no one is small and no one is big. All the caste, religion, gender are equal in democratic system.
Even though due to presence of some narrow minded people, the norms of democracy have been violated. There is discrimination in terms of caste, gender, poor and rich, color and so on.
Effects of inequality on individual, society and the country
- Poor will be poorer and rich will be richer. The gap between them will be vast.
- Government may not be stable.
- Protest would be carried out by the dissatisfied people.
- Development of the country will be slow.
Measures to abolish social inequality
- Rallies against inequality
- Mass awareness programs
- Distributing pamphlets and posting posters
'Unity is Diversity'
Nepal is a country if unity and diversity. Diversity is the result of the topography of the country. The people of the mountains have diverse lifestyle and traditions in comparison to those of the valleys. Even though, there are several castes, religions, tradition, all live in peace and harmony. All of them have a common culture called the 'Nepali Culture'. They unite for the betterment of the society and the country.
Things to remember
- Discrimination in terms of gender, caste, color, poor and rich, religion is known as social inequality.
- Due to social inequality government may not be stable, the gap between people will b vast, protest is carries our by dissatisfied
- education, mass awareness, rallies against inequality can help to abolish inequality.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Social Inequality
Gen-Ed photo essay discrimination between the rich and poor
Gender Equality: The Smart Thing To Do
Global mobilisation against poverty and inequality
Launching Demo's gender equality project in Dadeldhura, Nepal
Social Inequality in the world