Role of Local Bodies in The Prevention of Social Problem
Social evils are the root cause that our society is backward in the path of development. So, it is necessary to abolish them and we need to act faster.The main cause of the existence of these evils is the ignorance and illiteracy of the people. Superstitious beliefs are still prevalent in our society. They blindly belief their customs even they are harmful to the society. Poverty is also a main cause. After people run out of money, they commit crimes so as to maintain their livelihood.
Social problems are created by the people. So, they can be controlled and eliminated by the people. All the people and the local bodies as well as the government should be interested in this matter. This is possible only with everyone's cooperation. Keeping this in mind, the bodies of the government, different NGOs and INGOs are working for the elimination of these evils. The VDC (Village Development Committee) and the DDC (District Development Committee are working to stop the bad habits of people and aware them of involving in development activities. Awareness regarding equality in terms of gender, caste, etc. is running nationwide. It also provides health awareness and awareness regarding superstitions.
Besides the government bodies, NGOs and INGOs are also contributing for rooting out the social evils from our society. Maiti Nepal, CWIN (Child Workers in Nepal), Family Planning Association (FPAN) are working for the welfare of the people and removal of social evils. They provide rehabilitation services, health services and rescue exploited children and girls. Maiti Nepal rescues women from being sold and rehabilitate them so that the helpless girls can start a new life.
Things to remember
- The main cause of the existence of these evils is the ignorance and illiteracy of the people.
- All the local people, local bodies and government should work for the eradication of social evils and problems.
- Besides government different NGOs and INGOs such as Maiti Nepal, CWIN etc are working to solve social problems.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Role of Local Bodies in The Prevention of Social Problem
Corruption MACAT Nepal Fight against Terror, voilance and Corruption
Gaumaya in Nepal - "Mukti visiting Maiti Nepal"
Nepali natak 'aulorog' by umesh poudel
Street Drama on Domestic Violence and Drug abuse Binauna Banke, Nepal
street play by agni arts assocition sponcer by dr saini