Need and Importance of Development Regions
Nepal is a country with plenty of natural resources like different types of soil, forests, rivers, etc. It is enriched with the gifts of nature. However, these natural resources have not been properly utilized. There is an imbalance in development in our country. Only the Central Development Region and Eastern Development Region have developed but the others are lagging behind in the pace of development. The topography of our country is also one of the reasons behind it. The land of mountain is not fertile. So, there is no good production. So, this region is not developed in comparison to others.
Education, Health, Transport, Electricity, Communication and Drinking water are the basic aspects for development. Without developing these factors, a country cannot be developed. These factors are not available uniformly in all the parts of the country. The number of schools in the cities is more than required but the children of mountain region do not get proper education. People die due to lack of health services in the rural area of Nepal. Due to lack of transport, they have to travel long distance on foot.
The resources available are not utilized. In some places, the people get jobs and in some place, they are facing unemployment problem. Agriculture is not suitable in all the regions. Crops production is high in terai but only 2% land is arable in the mountain region. Due to this, migration takes place from mountains to terai as people search for better facilities and job opportunities. Moreover, due to overload of manpower in terai, people are not getting job and the natural resource of mountain region is getting wasted due to lack of manpower.
Development regions are very important for the development of a country. Keeping this in mind, four development regions were created in 2029 BS and the number reached 5 in 2037 BS. The main importance is the proper use of natural resources and proportionate development in all the regions.
Some of the importance of development regions:
- Develop the feeling of competition: The feeling of competition creates rapid development in every region as everyone wants to be more advanced than the others. As a whole, the country develops rapidly.
- Utilization of resources and manpower: Development regions use the available resources and manpower of its own region because importing the manpower and resources is expensive. Therefore, the resources won't go as a waste and people also get job opportunities.
- Proportionate development: Proportionate development occurs in every development regions as there is the facility of health, education, transport, communication, electricity, etc. in all development regions.
- Decentralization of power: Due to decentralization of power, public participation increases. As the people want change, they carry out development activities with each other's cooperation.
- Promotion of local culture: Development region helps to know the problems arising in cultures and traditions of the local areas. The problem is understood in local level and effective remedies are applied.
Things to remember
- Nepal is a country with plenty of natural resources like different types of soil, forests, rivers, etc.
- Education, Health, Transport, Electricity, Communication and Drinking water are the basic aspects for development. Without developing these factors, a country cannot be developed.
- People die due to lack of health services in the rural area of Nepal. Due to lack of transport, they have to travel long distance on foot.
- Development regions are very important for the development of a country.Some of the importance of development regions are:
- Develop the feeling of competition
- Utilization of resources and manpower
- Proportionate development
- Decentralization of power
- Promotion of local culture
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Need and Importance of Development Regions
Challanges and prospects of development of Nepal Full.mov
One School One Nursery project in Ilam, eastern Nepal
Power of Community -LWF Nepal
Rukum chinari (????? ??????) full video