First Aid to Allergy
Sensitive reaction to a substance which does not cause serve harm but causes intolerable discomfort is called allergy. The allergy producing substance is called allergen. The symptoms of allergy vary from person to person. Some types of symptoms of allergy are itching,rashing, eyes turning red, felling fever, nose running, face becoming red, sneezing, felling uneasy, fainting etc.
Allergens also differ from person to person. Some of the examples of allergens are cold weather, hot weather, dust, spider, animals with feather etc. But all these are not allergens for all.
Treatment of Allergy
To avoid the things which are allergen is the best way to prevent from allergy. If the symptoms are emerged, we should try to find out the cause. Keep the patient away from allergen and manage the medical treatment. First aid of allergy is to provide the medical treatment as far as possible. Medicine should be given according to the types of allergy. As the first aid provider cannot find all types of medicine of allergy, it is best to transfer patient for medical treatment.
Things to remember
- Sensitive reaction to a substance which does not cause serve harm but causes intolerable discomfort is called allergy.
- Some types of symptoms of allergy are itching,rashing, eyes turning red, felling fever, nose running, face becoming red, sneezing, etc
- The allergy producing substance is called allergen.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for First Aid to Allergy
Children First Aid: Allergic Reaction
First aid - Allergy
First Aid for Anaphylaxis : Assessing an Anaphylactic Reaction
How to Treat Allergic Reactions - First Aid Training - St John Ambulance
Questions and Answers
There is not any specific reason for allergy. It is only the sensitive reaction of the body to a substance, insects, plants, chemicals, etc. in the environment. In other words allergy can be defined as disorder in which body becomes hypersensitive to particular antigens (called allergens) which demonstrate characteristic symptoms.
The major symptoms are:
- The patient feels uneasy to breathe due to several impacts in the nose, eye and air passage.
- Sometimes high fever is seen.
- General nausea or vomiting.
- Eczema, which appears as a rash on scaly skin.
- Depression, anxiety and headache.
- Itchy inflammation of the skin.
- Disturbance in digestives.
The factors that causes allergy are as follows:
- Physical factors - rain, smoke, etc.
- Biological factors - animal fur, caterpillar, etc.
- Heredity factors - inherited from parents
- Emotional factors - anger, lack of patience, tension etc.
Symptoms of allergy are:
- Rashes appear on skin.
- The body part exposed to allergy becomes read or black.
- Difficulty in breathing, itching and sometimes vomiting.
Allergy is the reaction of immune system against certain materials. In general, immune system fights against those foreign factors which are harmful for the body. Following are the safety measured from allergy.
- We should identify the allergens.
- We must avoid contact with allergens.
- There should be proper sanitation of room and surroundings.
- Control of pollution.
- Medical treatment from experts if the condition is worsens.