Electric Shock

Subject: Enviroment Population and Health

Find Your Query

Overview

When we come to contact with live wire then the current enters into our body which harm us. It is called electric shock. This note provide us the further information about symptoms of electric shock and its first aid.
Electric Shock

When we come to contact with live wire then the current enters into our body which harm us. It is called electric shock. The use of electric devices carelessly also cause electric shock. It makes our heart beat uncontrollable and it may lead to death.

Symptoms of Electric Shock

  • The victims will be unconscious due to low breathing.
  • Disorder of heart beat.
  • There will be burnt mark at the place of electric shock.

First Aid to Electric Shock

  • If the accident had occurred at that place where there is no switch to put it off, then we have to use bad conductor such as dry bamboo or wood to separate patient from the current.
  • If the victim is unconscious and is not able to breathe, then he should be given artificial breathing.
  • Place the victim in rest condition by covering him with warm cloth.
  • Patient should not be allowed to eat cold food and liquid food at least one hour.
  • Burnt part of the body and wound should be treated.
  • The victim should be sent to hospital as soon as possible.

Abroad Studies Opportunities
Things to remember
  • When we come to contact with live wire then the current enters into our body which harm us. It is called electric shock.
  • The use of electric devices carelessly also cause electric shock. It makes our heart beat uncontrollable and it may lead to death.
  • It includes every relationship which established among the people.
  • There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
  • It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
  • common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Electric Shock
First Aid - Electric Shock
First Aid Basics : Treating Chemical Burns & Victims of Electric Shock
Questions and Answers
Electric shock is a traumatic state caused by the passes of electric current through the body. We feel electric shock when we touch naked electric wires with flow of current. It is always dangerous. It may cause paralysis, muscles contraction, bone fractures, etc.
The safety preventive measures to prevent from electric shock are as follows:
  • Avoid touching electric switches, plugs and appliance with wet hands.
  • Should turn off the main switch or disconnect the electric circuit before doing any electric work like housing wiring, mending plugs etc.
  • Wire should be covered properly.
  • Should keep the electric appliances in good condition.
  • Keep the children away from the electric appliances.
We can prevent electric shocks by following ways:
  • Do not touch electrical appliances, naked wire with wet hands.
  • Turn off the switch after the use is complete.
  • Keep electrical appliances out of reach of children.
Quiz

© 2019-20 Kullabs. All Rights Reserved.