Information Technology Policy
Information Technology Policy
The policies to be pursued for the implementation of the above mentioned strategies shall be as follows:
- To declare information technology sector a prioritized sector.
- To follow a single-door system for the development of information technology.
- To prioritize research and development of information technology.
- To create a conducive environment that will attract investment in the private sector, keeping in view the private sector's role in the development of information technology.
- To provide Internet facilities to all Village Development Committees of country in phases.
- To render assistance to education institutions and encourage native and foreign training as a necessity of fulfilling the requirement of qualified manpower in various fields pertaining to information technology.
- To computerize the records of each governmental office and build websites for them for the flow of information.
- To increase the use of computer in the private sector.
- To develop a physical and virtual information technology park in the various places with the private sector's participation for the development of information technology.
- To use information technology to promote e-commerce, e-education, e-health, among others, and to transfer technology in rural areas.
- To establish a National Information Technology Center.
- To establish a national level fund by mobilizing the resources obtained from Government, donor agencies, and private sectors so as to contribute to research and development of information technology and other activities pertaining to it.
- To establish venture capital funds with the joint participation of public and private sectors.
- To include computer education in the curriculum from school to broaden its scope.
Things to remember
- Information Technology Policy declare information technology sector a prioritized sector.
- Information Technology Policy create a conducive environment that will attract investment in the private sector, keeping in view the private sector's role in the development of information technology.
- Information Technology Policy use information technology to promote e-commerce, e-education, e-health, among others, and to transfer technology in rural areas.
- Necessary facilities shall be supplied to universities in the country and graduate and post graduate-level classes of international standard in computer science and computer engineering subjects shall be offered.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Information Technology Policy
CYBER CRIME IN NEPAL
Islington college - Information Technology
Questions and Answers
Four information technology strategies of Nepal adopted to accomplish the above objectives are:
- The government will acts as a promoter, Facilitator and regulator.
- Legalize and promote e-commerce
- Assist in E. Governance by using IT
- Carry on research, develop and expand It with a high priority for participation of the private sector.
Information Technology is the modern technology of computer science which includes fast communication from one place of world to another place.
The policy formulated by the government or concerned authority to organize, develop and implement in different sector of IT systematically is known as IT policy.