Application Software is software for specific purpose, so we can say that software developed for user's purposes is called Application Software. This is developed by using High Level Language in the form of creative project work by the software industries.
There are many software available for user purposes:
- Word Processing: MS-Word, Word Perfect, Word Star etc.
- Spreadsheet: MS-Excel, Lotus-123, Quartto etc.
- Database Management: MS-Access, dBase-IV, Clippers, Oracle, OMNIS, Ingress, Integra, FoxPro, SQL etc.
- Graphics and Presentation: MS-Paint, MS Powerpoint, CorelDraw, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator etc.
- Animation: Macromedia Director, Macromedia Flash, Adobe Image Ready, Adobe Premiere, Adobe after Effect etc.
- Web Designing: Macromedia Dream weaver, Microsoft Front page Express etc.
Types of Application Software
- Packaged Software: Packaged Software is ready made, error free , advance and standard software for general works. All word processing, database. Management, graphics and representation, animation, web-designing software are packaged software. This software is equipped with essential tools and technology to enhance user productivity.
- Tailored Software: Tailored software is small software, developed by using high level language for specific small process. These types of software are developed for certain specific purpose. Example: Software for Payroll for Specific organization, Software for specific Bank, Software for Railway Reservation, Hotel Reservation etc. This software is developed for solving specific problems of specific users or organizations.
Things to remember
- Software developed for user's purposes is called application Software.
- Word Processing,Spreadsheet, Database Management, Graphics and Presentation, Animation and Web Designing are the software available for user purposes.
- Packaged Software and Tailored Software are the types of Application Software.
- All word processing, database. Management, graphics and representation, animation, web-designing software are packaged software.
- Tailored Software is developed for solving specific problems of specific users or organizations.
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Application Software
Application Software (03:05)
Difference between Application and System Software
Systems and Application Software
Questions and Answers
Optical Mark Reader is an input device which can recognize & count a pre-specified type of mark made by pencil or ball pen. It is mainly used for counting the (?) tick mark or shaded circles in the object type question paper.
Track ball is an input device similar to mouse which contains one or more buttons and a ball. The ball is only the movable part of track ball which is used to move the cursor one the monitor of the computer.
Touch padis touch sensitive pad used as an input device commonly used in laptop computers. This device works by sensing the user's finger movement and down ward pressure.
Microphoneis an input device which is used to input the voice or sound into the computer. Microphone is very popular device nowadays also used for voice chatting over the internet & video conference.
Graphic digitizer is an input device which is also known as digitizing tablet or touch tablet which is pressure sensitive device mainly used in Computer Aided Design and graphics applications.
Joystickis a small hand-held input device which is similar to gear lever of motor cars. This device is mainly used to play computer games with the help of control buttons.
Touch screen is a direct entry input device which contains special sensors on it. When the user touches the object on screen it recognizes the touch and produces reaction accordingly.
| Package software ||Tailor software |
|i. They are generalized set of programs ||i. They are special set of programs. |
|ii. They are developed by software |
|ii. They are developed by individual |
|iii. E.g. MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL etc. ||iii. E.g. Telephone directly, SLC result |
The program stored in ROM Chip is known as firmware. It is a basic and permanent
program written in Read Only Memory by the experts in order to provide the basic
information about the computer system.