Subject: Social Studies
Refugees are those persons who flee due to fear of life and property and take shelter in another country. People are forced to flee due to political causes, terrorism, communicable right, flood, drought, earthquake etc.
Since 1990, ten lakh eight thousand refugees are still living in our country. Around 40-50 thousand refugees are taken under the initiation of UN. 20,000 Tibetans, few thousands of Afghans and few thousands are from Somalia. Rest of the refugees are from Bhutan.
1. Food Adulteration
2. Theft, Robbery
3. Fraud case
4. Flesh Trading
1. Deforestation and pollution
2. Conflict with local people
3. Unemployment to the local people Increment of the price
1. Foreign currency received to support Nepal's effort to sustain refugee.
2. Nepal is appreciated and supported by international communities.
3. The host country can get skilled manpower.
4. Host country gets employment opportunities in different international agencies.
5. Host country gets economic support in the name of refugees.
Causes of Bhutanese Refugee:
1. Due to inspiration of 1990 mass movement of Nepal, Bhutanese were inspired to launch movement for democracy.
2. Bhutanese Government confiscated Nepalese property, leaders were jailed and Nepalese people were forced to leave Bhutan.
3. Nepalese origin was tortured and created an unfriendly environment to stay in Bhutan.
4. Bhutanese refugee entered into Nepal from eastern boarder and UNHCR, WFO and several different NGOs and INGOs are helping them with 10 million dollars every year.
Ways to solve Bhutanese Problem:
1. Top level negotiation between Bhutanese and Nepalese government.
2. India should take interest to solve the problem.
3. International patience should be created.
4. Refugee problem should be raised in UN general Assembly.
5. Right now 63,000 Bhutanese people are living in Nepal and about 50,000 refugees settled in different Europeans countries.
The conflicts in Bhutanese refugee camps lead to disorder and lack of peace in the society.
Refugee is a person who is forced to leave his/her homeland because of political crisis, civil war or any natural calamity. They are compelled to take shelter in other country later on.United Nation High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) is playing vital role for solving the problems of refugees throughout the world. It works in the conflicted areas of the world where people are trapped and forced to become refugee. Since its inception in 1951 AD, it has been working in three phases to solve the problem. The first phase is emergency phase. In this phase its prime concern is to rescue the people from conflicted areas and provide them food, clothes, and shelter for temporary period. The second phase, it tries to provide them with education, health facilities too. In the third phase of its work, it tries to settle the refugees permanently. It either creates the environment to send them back or manages any other third country for their settlement permanently. In our country Nepal too, it has been actively working for the management for Bhutanese refugees along with WFP.
A person politically threatened, biased or suppresses, affected by the result of war, affected by any type of natural calamities happens to become a refugee.
It is a worldwide problem. UNO has a specialized agency to work for the refugees. UNHCR overlooks all the refugees throughout the world. It takes accountability of the number of refugees. It tries to make a supportive environment to hold diagues between the respective countries in different levels to enable the refries sagely return to home. On the other hand UNHCR works coordinating with FAO, WHO. They provide regular food supplies to the refugees and continual health campaigns so that they are given regular health treatment at any concerned areas their accommodation management.
In my opinion the problem of Bhutanese refugee can be solved through bilateral talks between Nepal and India under the mediation of UNO.
© 2019-20 Kullabs. All Rights Reserved.