Its a branch of practical principal that deals with how the computer experts should make decision in regard to the social and professional behavior .
Major provision of Computer ethics
- You should not use computer to harm others .
- You should not use computer to steal others file .
- You should not use computer to search the file or record of other people .
- You should not destroy , steal and use the computer password of other people.
- You should not use computer to bear a false witness.
- You should always use a computer in ways that ensure consideration and respect for your fellow humans (Computer Ethics Institute, 1992).
Cyber ethics mainly deals with the following domains;
- Accessibility, Censorship and Filtering
Cyber law in Nepal
"The electronic transaction and digital signature Act. - ordinance " is popularly known as cyber law of Nepal . The government of Nepal had passed this law on 30th Bhadra 2061 B.S. ( 15th September 2004 ).
Provision of this Act are
- Provision for license regarding the IT customer and their duties and responsibilities.
- Provides punishment to the hacker who damages programs or data residing in other computer on network or illegally copies them.
- Provision of bodies to create, control and verify the digital signature
- Provision of network services.
- Provision of the duty and responsibilities of the subscriber.
International cyber law
When the information technology started for the first time in world there was no law about it . But in course of time many problems and evils appeared . For the control of such evils and problems or to control the situation people realized the need of law according to time .
America started making the International cyber law as follows :
- Fair credit reporting Act in 1970 : This law has made provision of the rights to see own credit record without paying
- Freedom of Information Act in 1970 : This right is provided by the state to the public to see the information
- Copyright Act 1992 : This law was made to stop unauthorized copy . The penalty is 5 years in custody and a fine of US dollar 250000.
- Access Device Fraud: Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices.
- CAN-SPAM ACT: Controlling The Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
Things to remember
- Computer ethics a branch of practical principal that deals with how the computer experts should make decision in regard to the social and professional behavior.
- "The electronic transaction and digital signature Act. - ordinance " is popularly known as cyber law of Nepal .
- The government of Nepal had passed this law on 30th Bhadra 2061 B.S. ( 15th September 2004 ).
- It includes every relationship which established among the people.
- There can be more than one community in a society. Community smaller than society.
- It is a network of social relationships which cannot see or touched.
- common interests and common objectives are not necessary for society.
Videos for Computer Ethics
Computer Ethics- Online Privacy
Questions and Answers
The law which is used for stopping computer crime like hacking, online fraud, software piracy, etc. and computer abuse is known as cyber law.
"The electronic transaction and digital signature Act-ordinance"is popularly known as cyber law of Nepal. It is important in Nepal because it legalize the transaction through electronic media, to control and stop the various types of electronic frauds, to punish a person or institution that does cyber crime according to the nature of the crime.
The branch of practical principal that deals with how the computer experts should make decision in regard to the social and professional behavior is known as computer ethics.
Any four commandments of the computer ethics are as follows:
- You should not use computer to harm other people.
- You should not snoop around in other people’s files.
- You should not create a virus and use it.
- You should not use a computer to publish fake information.
Virtual space is created by world wide computer network, internet and telecommunication is called cyber space.
The major laws included in the cyber law are:
1) Electronic and digital signature law
2) Cyber crime law
3) Data protection and privacy law
4) Telecommunication law
5) Intellectual property law