Videos Related with Electric Shock

Note on Electric Shock

  • Note
  • Things to remember
  • Videos
  • Exercise
  • Quiz

When we come to contact with live wire then the current enters into our body which harm us. It is called electric shock. The use of electric devices carelessly also cause electric shock. It makes our heart beat uncontrollable and it may lead to death.

Symptoms of Electric Shock

  • The victims will be unconscious due to low breathing.
  • Disorder of heart beat.
  • There will be burnt mark at the place of electric shock.

First Aid to Electric Shock

  • If the accident had occurred at that place where there is no switch to put it off, then we have to use bad conductor such as dry bamboo or wood to separate patient from the current.
  • If the victim is unconscious and is not able to breathe, then he should be given artificial breathing.
  • Place the victim in rest condition by covering him with warm cloth.
  • Patient should not be allowed to eat cold food and liquid food at least one hour.
  • Burnt part of the body and wound should be treated.
  • The victim should be sent to hospital as soon as possible.

  • When we come to contact with live wire then the current enters into our body which harm us. It is called electric shock.
  • The use of electric devices carelessly also cause electric shock. It makes our heart beat uncontrollable and it may lead to death.
.

Very Short Questions

Electric shock is a traumatic state caused by the passes of electric current through the body. We feel electric shock when we touch naked electric wires with flow of current. It is always dangerous. It may cause paralysis, muscles contraction, bone fractures, etc.
The safety preventive measures to prevent from electric shock are as follows:

  • Avoid touching electric switches, plugs and appliance with wet hands.
  • Should turn off the main switch or disconnect the electric circuit before doing any electric work like housing wiring, mending plugs etc.
  • Wire should be covered properly.
  • Should keep the electric appliances in good condition.
  • Keep the children away from the electric appliances.

0%
  • When live current enters our body which causes harm to us is called

    headache
    electric shock
    drowning
    burn
  • Electric shock is caused by

    not breathing
    artificial breathing
    disease
    carelessness
  • Electric shock causes a peson to die as it

    blocks respiratory track
    make heart uncontrollable
    causes diseases
    causes allergy
  • To separate a person from current what shoud be done

    apply ice water
    throw water
    check pulses
    use of bad conductor objects
  • If you witness a person getting an elecric shock, at first you should

    throw water
    separate the person from current
    artificial breathing
    check pulses
  • You scored /5


    Take test again

DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THIS NOTE

No discussion on this note yet. Be first to comment on this note