The condition of being unable to breathe , entering water into nostrils and mouth, causes suffocation due to drowned into water like river, pond etc is called drowning.
Symptoms of drowning
- Victim feels difficulty in breathing.
- Dirty things can enter into mouth, nose of victim.
- Victim can be in subconscious and unconscious condition.
- The different types of body such as lips, tongue can be swollen and bluish.
- There can be lot of water in respiratory tract and lungs of victim which leads him to death.
First Aid to Drowning
The First Aid of drowning are as follows:
- Drowned victim should be rescued with the help of rope, wood or rubber tube.
- Clear foreign body from the nostrils and mouth.
- Artificial respiration should be given if breathing has stopped.
- Put off wet cloth and tight cloth from the body of patient.
- If a lot of water has been swallowed by victim then press on stomach laying him flat to vomit water.
- Send the patient to the hospital as soon as possible.