Patients becomes unconscious sometimes because of accidents. It is difficult to breathe and patients needs artificial breathing. The patient of electric shock and drowning need the first aid of artificial breathing.
The steps of artificial breathing:
The steps of artificial breathing are as follows:
- Lay the patient making lower part of the body slightly up . Keep the head a bit back, make the neck and trachea straight, extend neck and raise the chin.
- Clear the air way (remove the foreign body from mouth and neck)
- Open the mouth with the chin up with one hand, closing the nostril with thumb and index finger of another hand.
- Blow the mouth of the patient by joining mouth to mouth so that chest of patient should be swollen with air.
- Breathe mouth to mouth once in 3-4 seconds.
- Let the wind come out after blown.
- Continue this process till the patient breathe own-self.
- Then transfer the patient to health institutions as far as possible.