The first treatment given to the victim before arrival of doctor is known as First Aid. Immediate care and primary treatment is needed to the victim before taking them to hospital.
Objectives of the First Aid
The objectives of First Aid are as follows:
- To prevent the injured person's condition from getting worse.
- To take injured person to the doctor.
- To give rest and consolation.
Importance of First Aid
Some accidents are minor whereas some are serious. Minor accidents can be cured by ordinary person but serious accidents cannot be cured without help of doctors. But without first aid, the victim cannot reach searching such medical care. Therefore, it is very important aspect of preventive health.
Some of the importance's of First Aid are as follows:
- Can reduce physical and mental pain of the victim.
- Prevents the victims conditions from further deterioration.
- Saves the life of the injured person.
- Helps the physician to know previous situation of victim.